Hot on the heels of the successful?I Can Dance Series?series of books and CDs for primary schools, comes the new Key Stage 3 resource, I Can Dance A Better World by Hannah Beach.
It provides an innovative, 12 session Character Education programme which uses dance and drama as tools for exploring social issues, as wide ranging as inclusion, children?s rights, the environment and hunger.
The?I Can Dance A Better World??Book/DVD/& CD package is designed for teachers to use in the classroom, theatre or any group setting to encourage learning in non-traditional ways whilst engaging their students in meaningful dances and social issues. It can be taught by all dance and drama facilitators regardless of dance experience.
I Can Dance A Better World?is used in secondary schools across Canada and has been adopted by School Boards in Ontario, Manitoba and Nova Scotia.
Each paperback book is 240 x 240 mm. It contains 50 pages and contains:
ISBN: 978 0 9867567 4 0
- Complete lesson plans for teacher preparation
- Material support, inspiration and tools for each topic
- Lessons and discussions led by the author, Hannah Beach
- Clear demonstrations
- Dances choreographed by young people
- Teacher?s introduction and Professional Development
- Photocopiable packages for hand-outs
- Original musical tracks